Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Second Coat of Primer

December 2, 2014

Looking to get the second coat on this evening, I quickly outfitted myself with protective gear and began the sanding process.  Using 220-grit, I worked my way down the port hull, across the stern, and then finished with the starboard side.  The sanding was by no means aggressive, but just enough to abrade the surface to prepare for a good mechanical bond of the second coat.  I vacuumed the sanding dust from the hull, and then mixed the base, converter and reducer.  During the 15-minute induction period, I wiped down the hull with solvent to remove any residual dust and debris.

I applied the second coat of primer with a solvent-safe high-density foam roller.  Photo is not of the best quality.




Total Time: 1 Hr.

No comments:

Post a Comment