Thursday, December 4, 2014

Third Coat of Primer

December 4, 2014


Looking to conclude the primer coats by the coming weekend, I came home focused on getting the third coat on.  I stepped into the usual routine of sanding, cleaning, and painting.  I hand sanded the hull with 220-grit paper, taking off the imperfections and generally smoothing the surface and abrading for a good mechanical bond.  After the sanding, I vacuumed most of the sanding dust and then turned my attention to preparing the paint.  While the paint was in its induction period, I solvent-washed the hull's surface to take care of any residual dust.

After the hull was prepped, I rolled on the third coat of primer with a high-density foam roller.  Plans over the coming weekend include getting the first coat of topcoat on the boat.



Total Time: 1 Hr.

No comments:

Post a Comment