Saturday, November 29, 2014

Repositioning for Paint (Final Fill & Fair)

November 29, 2014

With some help, I moved the dinghy onto the covered porch.  I choose to paint the dinghy in the confines of the porch for obvious rain and dew protection, but the screening will also provide protection from errant and/or kamikaze insects.  Placing a good amount of blocking beneath the dinghy, that also spanned the horses, elevated the sheer such that it was not resting on the horses themselves.  


Once the boat was in place and I was able to walk around the boat, I noticed a few places that could use a bit more attention.  Knowing that a great paint job is 90% prep work, I took the additional day for another round of fill work.  I had originally intended to get the first coat of primer on today...but alas, it would have to wait until the next work session.  I used West System epoxy, thickened with microballoons.


Total Time: 0 Hrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment