Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Finished Brightwork Removal / Begin Paint Prep



Taking advantage of a couple free hours on Tuesday, September 23rd, I carefully removed the brightwork from the sailing dinghy.  Beginning with the port interior rail, I worked my way down the sheer toward the stern and removed the fasteners with the clamps still in place.  I returned to the bow and removed the port rub rail's fasteners next.  I repeated this process for the starboard rails, and then stored the four rails in the wood shop.  To preserve the shape of the steam-bent rails, I placed them in storage in such a way as to reduce spring-back.  

At this time, I also removed the interior transom rail, both aft thwarts and transom accents, and the bow thwart. I will resume shaping of the brightwork in the coming days to prepare for final installation.  The boat is now ready for its topsides to be filled and faired in preparation for primer.  The coatings, both primer and topcoat, will be Alexseal.

Sorry, no pics today!


Total Time: 2 Hrs

No comments:

Post a Comment